OLO.com: “Ordering Engine” for the Restaurant Industry
I feel incredibly fortunate to work with the OLO team every day to bring self-service ordering capabilities to the restaurant industry, improving the customer experience and generating incremental sales for OLO clients.
Since my last update less than six months ago, OLO has continued to thrive:
- OLO Launched Facebook Ordering in November of last year - allowing customers to order and pay securely right from Facebook without ever leaving Facebook
- OLO Received “Best Mobile Retail Apps of 2011” recognition by Mobile Commerce Daily for the Five Guys app powered by OLO and Solertium. The app has now surpassed 400,000 downloads
- OLO Zoomed Past 1 Million Users in early January, growing 10x in a 16-month period
- OLO Went International one day later, with the launch of OLO in Canada
- OLO Announced an Open Standard for POS Integration at the National Retail Federation Show in mid January. Learn about the Self-Service Order Interface (SSOI)
- OLO and Groupon Teamed Up for a new “Online Ordering Groupon” at SONIC with amazing results: 3x average order size, 6x order volume
- OLO was Featured in TechCrunch, announcing newly signed deals, staggering growth, and OLO’s newly launched partnership with GrubHub
Beyond these headlines, I was deeply honored by what Zerrick Pearson, Sr. Director of IT at Five Guys Enterprises, wrote about OLO in a recent LinkedIn recommendation:
“The services that Noah Glass and his team at OLO provide are simply the best in the industry. Astonishing flexibility and a powerful ordering engine, combined with ease of use and excellent support, has made OLO critical in helping Five Guys provide the best online ordering experience for our customers.” - Zerrick Pearson, Five Guys Enterprises
What struck me most was the term “ordering engine” and what it meant about how far OLO has come from the early days of bringing text-message ordering to market in late 2005. OLO is now truly a multi-channel ordering engine, driving phone sales, online sales, and mobile sales for an industry yearning to sell beyond the four walls. And this is just the beginning.
Q2 Upcoming Events
I will be living on the road for the coming weeks. Here are some of the places I will be:
April 22-25 | Dallas, TX
Women’s Foodservice Forum Conference in Dallas
Learn more: http://annual.womensfoodserviceforum.com/
May 2-4 | Chicago, IL
Marketing Executives Group
May 5-8 | Chicago, IL
National Restaurant Show
Learn more: http://www.restaurant.org/show/index.cfm
I hope to see you during my travels.