The first quarter of 2011 was incredible for OLO.
I want to thank OLO’s Team, Investors, Board, Advisory Board, Partners, Clients, Users and all of you in OLO’s expanded network for contributing to OLO’s success and growth.
Above all, I have been honored to see the following results from OLO clients this quarter:
- 32% increase in average order size when customers switch from phone ordering to OLO
- 83% of customers order more often when switching from phone ordering to OLO
- 5x increase in takeout customers when clients switch from another online ordering provider to OLO
- 8% increase in same store sales when clients switch from another online ordering provider to OLO
More OLO Q1 Highlights
“GrubHub and OLO Team Up to Create Largest Platform for Online Ordering in the United States”
- GrubHub has grown to become the #1 consumer platform for mobile and online ordering in the nation. OLO is honored to work with GrubHub to join chain restaurants with independent restaurants on the GrubHub platform.
- OLO clients will soon receive the great benefit of listing their menus on the GrubHub platform and receiving incremental orders from the fast-growing and loyal GrubHub user base.
- I had the privilege of announcing this deal during my keynote speech at the Restaurant Leadership Conference on March 29 (last Tuesday). Thank you to PepsiCo Foodservice for providing OLO with this phenomenal opportunity.
- Read the GrubHub-OLO Press Release from that morning here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110329005296/en/GrubHub-OLO-Team-Create-Largest-Platform-Restaurant
Five Guys Burgers & Fries
- By the numbers, Five Guys Burgers & Fries is the fastest growing chain that the restaurant industry has ever seen, with 42% sales growth between 2009 and 2010. OLO is honored to work with Five Guys and be a partner in the brand’s future.
- In addition to launching new stores for mobile and online ordering, Five Guys and OLO are innovating together.
- As an example, take a look at the new Five Guys Android App, Powered by OLO: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fiveguys.olo.android&feature=search_result
- Now Five Guys customers can order and pay from their Android phones in a simple, yet powerful native Android app that transmits orders directly to the Radiant or MICROS POS terminal at the store.
- 10,000 downloads in the app’s first 20 days
- 4.5 Star Rating – to my knowledge, this is the highest rating for any food ordering app on the Android Market
Highlighted OLO Client Activity
- Cold Stone Creamery is rolling out the Cold Stone Cakes online cake ordering program across the United States.
- Visit www.coldstonecakes.com
- SONIC Drive-In is piloting mobile and online ordering in five key markets, enabling customers to drive in to a SONIC stall, press the button, and have their prepaid and ready just-on-time order delivered to their car by a carhop on roller skates.
- Visit www.soniconthego.com
- Read the Mobile Commerce Daily article here: http://www.mobilecommercedaily.com/2011/03/29/sonic-drive-in-rolls-out-mobile-ordering-pilot-program-in-71-locations
The New OLO.com
- OLO recently redesigned the OLO.com website to make it simpler and easier to navigate. OLO.com welcomes visitors with OLO’s brand promise and new trademarked tagline “Online Ordering Made Easy™”.
- Visit the new website here: www.olo.com
- And watch OLO’s new video here: Watch Video: Online Ordering Made Easy™
- BizMix — Dallas, TX (4.4) – this Monday!
- I will be speaking on the panel at BizMix this Monday and look forward to an incredible event in Dallas. N.B. BizMix is an invite-only event. Nominate attendees here: www.bizmix.net
- National Restaurant Show — Chicago, IL (5.21-5.24)
- I will be joining Steve Teller of Five Guys Burgers & Fries on Saturday, May 21 at the Technology Pavilion of the National Restaurant Show to present “Skip the Line®: The Five Guys Case Study for Ordering Ahead”. Register here: http://bit.ly/olonra
The OLO Team and I are preparing for a banner Q2.
I would value your feedback on this update and would love to find new ways to work together and grow together in 2011 and beyond.